CoinTracker automatically tries to identify the tokens from your transactions. (For more information on how this works, see this help guide.)
However, when a token is not recognized by CoinTracker, we refer to that token as an unsupported token.
In CoinTracker an unsupported token means that:
- CoinTracker’s third-party vendors for pricing (coinmarketcap.com and coingecko.com) are not tracking the price history or sending us token information like market data, icons, symbols, etc.
- Unsupported tokens will appear as a blank or lettered blue circle in the transaction and wallets pages.
- The coin's icon will appear as blank blue icon or a blue icon with the first letter of the coin symbol.
Let’s take a look at Wonderland (MEMO), which is currently an unsupported token. Here is how MEMO appears in a transaction:
And on the wallets page:
How to resolve a token issue on a transaction?
For steps on how to resolve, please check out this guide on editing tokens in transactions.
Reporting issues with unsupported tokens:
In an ideal world CoinTracker would have support for all tokens from all blockchains, including historical pricing. The reality is that there will likely always be crypto tokens that we don’t support. Our goal is to continuously add more support for tokens.
After working to resolve the issue following the guide above, you may wish to report the unsupport token issue. To point you in the right direction, we have this general guide:
For unsupported tokens on a individual wallet (a blockchain wallet with a public address):
- Check to see if the token is on CoinMarketCap, our primary pricing provider.
- If it’s not, you can submit a request on CoinMarketCap to add a token here. They have a guide on using that form here. Should CoinMarketCap begin to support the token, CoinTracker will import the data for all future transactions involving that token.
- Note: If the coin/token IS on CoinMarketCap, try re-syncing the wallet. If it still isn’t showing, you can contact our chatbot, Chatoshi here to submit a ticket to our support team for help.
For unsupported tokens on an exchange:
This could be an issue with our API connection with that exchange and we want to hear about it!
- Please submit a feedback request following this guide and include the following (if you can)
- The Exchange name
- The token CoinTracker is seeing (the incorrect token)
- The token it should be (the correct token)
- Or you can contact our chatbot, Chatoshi here to submit a ticket to our support team for help.