Connecting wallets, exchanges, and importing transactions into CoinTracker.
CoinTracker supports thousands of cryptocurrencies, as the industry advances new cryptocurrencies and blockchains will enter the market. It is possible for users to track buys, sells, and trades of cryptocurrencies that are not yet fully supported on CoinTracker by creating a custom currency. A custom currency is a placeholder created within CoinTracker to represent a token or asset that we may not support.
Note: It is important that your entire transaction history is added to your CoinTracker portfolio, this includes assets that may not be fully supported in CoinTracker. Complete transaction history ensures that there are no gaps in transactions used to calculate capital gains and taxable income necessary for generating accurate tax forms.
How do I create a custom currency?
- To create and/or manage a custom currency, you can navigate to the Settings page, locate the Custom Currencies option and select
- You will be directed to the custom currencies page where you will have the ability to add or edit custom currencies. To create a new custom currency select the
Add Custom Currencybutton at the top right corner of the screen.
- A pop-up form will enable you to enter the Symbol (e.g., BTC), Name, Description, and Price.
- Fill out the form and select
Save Changes. You should see your custom currency in on the custom currencies table where you can manage/edit your token.
How to use Custom Currencies?
- You can then manually add or import transactions for the custom currency. See our guide on how to manually add transactions, for more information.
- You can replace unrecognized or incorrectly mapped tokens with your custom currency. See our guide on transactions showing the wrong coin for more information.
Things to keep in mind
- When adding multiple transactions for the same custom currency, it's important that the token selected on those transactions are all referencing the same custom currency symbol to correctly link the transactions together. This will be important for accurately tracking cost basis and capital gains. on custom assets.
- Please note that CoinTracker will not be able to provide live pricing data for custom currencies so they will not be shown on the Dashboard page and the Performance chart.
- We want to support your token! After adding your custom currency, help CoinTracker list any missing cryptocurrencies by letting us know which assets are missing, you can request for full support for any mis-mapped or unrecognized coins on our feedback board, simply create a new post and specify the coin symbol, contract address, and blockchain.