Note: This is only an option for users who were able to download their FTX US transactions prior to FTX closing. If you no longer have access to your FTX transaction history and these transactions aren't in CoinTracker, we recommend consulting a tax professional.
If you downloaded your FTX US transactions prior to FTX US shutting down, you can import those transactions to CoinTracker to calculate your capital gains and losses.
To import FTX US transactions to CoinTracker, there are essentially three steps:
- Convert your FTX transactions to the generic CoinTracker CSV format (a step-by-step guide for this is included below)
- Go to the FTX Add Wallet page
- Upload the CSV from step 1
For more detailed instructions on importing a Trade History CSV or a Rewards History CSV, please see below.
Detailed instructions - importing FTX Trade History CSV
Once you have your FTX Trade History CSV, follow these instructions to upload it to CoinTracker. Recommended: Please save a copy of your FTX Trade History CSV so you have a record of your original file.
- Import your trade history file to Google Sheets (or a spreadsheet tool, such as Excel). Note: All screenshots are from Google Sheets featuring our test transactions.
- Delete the following columns, as these will not be necessary to import into CoinTracker:
- Order Type
- Use the find and replace tool to find all commas (,) and replace them with an empty string (i.e. leave it blank):
- Rename the Time column to Date and reformat to the following format: MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS
- This can be done on Google Sheets by selecting the column, selecting Format > Number > Custom date and time, and applying the following:
- Add the following columns after the Date column:
- Received Quantity
- Received Currency
- Sent Quantity
- Sent Currency
- For all ‘buy’ transactions:
- Enter the left asset of the Market column as the Received Currency column
- Cut and paste the Size value to the Received Quantity column
- Enter the right asset of the Market column as the Sent Currency column
- Cut and paste the Total amount into the Sent Quantity column
- For all ‘sell’ transactions:
- Enter the left asset of the Market column as the Sent Currency column
- Cut and paste the Size value to the Sent Quantity column
- Enter the right asset of the Market column as the Received Currency column
- Cut and paste the Total amount into the Received Quantity column
Below is a screenshot of one 'buy' and one 'sell' transaction that have each been updated to the correct format- you will want to do this for all rows.
- After all relevant rows have been moved into the new columns, we can delete the following columns:
- Rename the Fee column header to Fee Amount
- For all rows that have no Fee Amount, enter 0. Here is the final result:
- Finally, download the file as a CSV and import here: https://www.cointracker.io/add_wallet?t=csv
- Pat yourself on the back, you did it!
Importing FTX Earn/Rewards History CSV
Once you have your FTX Earn/Rewards History CSV, follow these instructions to upload it to CoinTracker.
- Go to the FTX Add Wallet page
- Upload the FTX Earn/Rewards History CSV (no manual changes are necessary for this file)
Importing Other Transactions
For importing all other transactions including deposits, withdrawals, NFT transactions, conversions, airdrops, etc., please convert to the same generic CSV format as the trade history file above to import into CoinTracker. If your account already has a FTX US file imported, please make sure all subsequent files are imported into the same wallet (from the Wallets page).
If you have any questions or issues, please reach out to our support team at https://www.cointracker.io/contact-us