This guide is to help users who want to change or reset their password. This page has instructions for users who have access and those who have lost access to their CoinTracker account.
Note: The password change button on the Settings page is not working for some users and we are working on updating this. If you do not see a button to change your password in Settings, please use the instructions below.
I'm not able to log into my CoinTracker account
1. Click on the 'Sign in' button in the header on any CoinTracker page (you may need to log out first to access this)
2. Enter the email address on your account, fill out the CAPTCHA (if required) and click on Continue
3. Click on the 'Forgot password?' link
4. You'll see a warning message on the 'Forgot Password' screen: If you've signed up for your CoinTracker account using a social sign-in (Google, Coinbase, or Apple) you won't receive a password reset email. Read more about social sign-ins here
5. Check your email for a password reset link and click the link to reset your password and set a new one
I can sign into my CoinTracker account
- Head to the Settings page
- Note that if you've signed up with a social sign-in you will see a warning explaining you can't update your email or password. Read more about social sign-ins here
- Then click 'Reset password'
A message will pop-up confirming a reset password email has been sent
- Head to your email inbox and look for an email titled 'Reset your password - CoinTracker'. The email sender will be 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.
- Follow the link included in the email to reset and change your password
If you would like to switch from social login
At present, our platform supports account linking exclusively for social login accounts. This implies that if you typically sign in using a social provider like Google, Apple, or Coinbase, and lose access to that account, you can still sign in through a different social provider. This is possible as long as the email address associated with both providers is the same as the email address registered with both.
1. Sign in to your CoinTracker account using a different social provider than usual.
2. If the account email for the new social provider matches the one from your social login, we will automatically link your accounts.
3. You will now be able to login via either social login