Note: If you've just synced a wallet or exchange, there might be a short delay before the data appears on the Dashboard or Performance pages. Please bear with us as it processes.
Synced wallets vs non-sync wallets
There are two types of wallets you can add to CoinTracker:
- A synced wallet is either an exchange integration added via an API Key / OAUTH or as a blockchain wallet such as an xPub, ENS, or public address.
- Values in synced wallets are automatically updated as we fetch data from the blockchain and our exchange partners to maintain the accuracy of your portfolio and transaction history.
- A non-sync wallet, is either an imported wallet created by uploading a CSV file or a manual transaction added to the ‘Other transactions’ wallet.
- On the other hand, values in non-synced wallets can only be updated when you manually make alterations, such as adding or editing transactions either manually or via CSV.
What happens when you make manual edits to a synced wallet? Non-sync wallets?
Manual edits made to synced wallets update a users calculated wallet value and are reflected on your tax documents and in the Tax Center pages. However, these edits are not reflected in the Dashboard, Performance, or wallet page.
Manual edits to non-sync wallets are reflected on the Dashboard, Performance and Wallet pages. These edits update a users calculated wallet value which is included in the portfolio value calculations.
🔍 You can read more about how our portfolio values are calculated in this article: Understanding portfolio, reported, and calculated values.
Let’s review how manual edits on synced and non-sync wallets effect our portfolio and wallet values:
Let’s also review how manual edits such as ignoring a transaction on synced and non-sync wallets effect our assets list on the Dashboard page:
What's Displayed on Your Dashboard & Portfolio:
- Reported values from your exchange and wallets
- Values calculated from your imported wallets via CSV
- Values calculated from transactions manually added or edited to imported wallets or “Other transactions”
- Note: Non-sync wallet transactions tagged as "Ignore" will be removed from the Dashboard and be reflected in tax calculations or reports.
What's Excluded from Your Dashboard & Portfolio:
- Values calculated from transactions manually added or edited on synced wallets
- Fiat or cash balances for synced wallets and exchanges
- CoinTracker emphasizes your digital assets, so fiat balances in wallets or exchanges aren't counted in balances or calculations.
- Negative value balances for synced and non-sync wallets