We use Cloudflare to protect our services and uptime of our website, as well as to protect users from sign-in attempts from malicious bots. It sometimes happens that this blocks legitimate users.
If your device is being blocked by our systems, below are a list of the most likely reasons and what you can do.
We are unable to remove devices from the block list of Cloudflare.
Error 1020 "Access denied" or just "Acess denied"
This error message indicates that the system has blocked your device from accessing CoinTracker. Cookies play an important role in helping our systems differentiate malicious traffic and legitimate visitors.
Try the following:
- Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser
- Turn off any browser extensions that block cookies
- Try another browser
- Try another device (i.e. a different computer or your smartphone)
- Clear your cookies and browser cache
- Wait a few hours before trying to access CoinTracker again
For your security, if too many incorrect password attempts or incorrect login attempts are made on your CoinTracker account in a short period of time, the account will be blocked from login.
If this happens to you, you'll receive an email that says "We detected suspicious activity in your CoinTracker account" (screenshot of the email).
To unblock the account, you can either:
- Click the "unblock" button at the bottom of the email
- Reset your password