What exactly is WalletConnect? WalletConnect is an open-source protocol that bridges the gap between blockchain wallets and decentralized applications (DApps) by establishing secure and reliable connections. Adding your wallet to CoinTracker using WalletConnect is a straightforward process. Here's a guide to help you through the steps:
Adding a new wallet:
- From the list of available integrations to add a wallet, select 'WalletConnect'.
For Mobile wallet users, Open Your Mobile Wallet:
- On your mobile device, open the wallet you wish to connect (such as MetaMask, Trust Wallet, etc.).
- CoinTracker will display a QR code. Use your mobile wallet app to scan this QR code. If your wallet supports deep linking, you may be able to connect by clicking a link instead.
Confirm the Connection:
- After scanning the QR code or clicking the link, your wallet app will ask for confirmation to connect to CoinTracker. Confirm the connection.
For browser wallet users, Connect your wallet to CoinTracker
- Your wallet will prompt a pop-up window requesting to ‘Connect with…’ your wallet, the prompt will specify what permissions are being allowed during connection: See address, account balance, activity and suggest transactions to approve
- Select, ‘Connect’ to approve the connection.
Complete the Connection:
- Once you confirm, the connection between your wallet and CoinTracker will be established. You can then select the wallet added and specify the supported blockchain network for that wallet:
- The final step is to select the ‘Add Wallet’ selection in the Add WalletConnect modal within CoinTracker.
After completing the above steps, you can review the wallet details in CoinTracker to ensure everything is correct. CoinTracker will automatically begin syncing transactions from your wallet. This process may take some time depending on the number of transactions. Note, you can repeat these steps to add other wallets via the WalletConnect integration.
Always make sure that you're using a secure internet connection and be cautious of phishing attempts, see our Security Best Practices for more information. Additionally, never share your private keys or seed phrase with anyone. As a reminder WalletConnect does not give the connected app, in this case CoinTracker, control over your wallet; it merely allows the app to view your transaction history and wallet balances.