Managing your cryptocurrency portfolio involves keeping an accurate track of all transactions. Sometimes, you might receive unsolicited or unrecognized transactions that you would like to mark as spam. CoinTracker provides an easy way to mark these transactions as spam and also revert them if needed.
Reporting a transaction as spam
- Navigate to transaction: Find the transaction that you would like marked as spam.
- Adding Spam Tag: Select on the More actions […] option for the specified transaction. Look for the option 'Report spam'. Selecting this will add the spam tag to the transaction.
- Verify the Transaction: After reporting the transaction as spam, verify that it is tagged appropriately in your transaction list.
Unmark a transaction as spam
If you have reported a transaction as spam by mistake or if the transaction is later recognized as legitimate, you can easily unmark it.
- Navigate to transaction: Find the transaction that was incorrectly marked as spam.
- Remove Spam Tag: Select on the More actions […] option for the specified transaction. Look for the option 'Mark as not spam'. Selecting this will remove the spam tag from the transaction.
- Verify the Transaction: After unmarking the transaction as spam, verify that it reappears in your transaction list and is accounted for in your reports.
- Regularly review your spam transactions to ensure no legitimate transactions are mistakenly marked. Transactions erroneously reported as spam will be omitted from your tax calculations and may have material impact on your tax summary. Note: CoinTracker does not allow supported tokens to be marked as spam, see our guide on Supported vs Unsupported tokens.
- Be cautious with transactions you suspect are spam. CoinTracker includes the ‘transaction hash’ to all transactions imported, malicious links may be included within the ‘transaction hash’ (via the block explorer). If you are unsure, it’s better to investigate the transaction before marking it. Please see our Security Best Practices for more information.
For further assistance, please contact our support team directly.
Please note that the specific navigation and option titles might differ slightly based on the current version of the CoinTracker interface.