At CoinTracker, we are committed to providing you with a comprehensive cryptocurrency management experience. To streamline and enhance your journey with us, we are excited to introduce unified pricing — a powerful integration of our Tax Plans and Portfolio Tracking products into one simple annual payment.
We are simplifying our pricing tiers — Base, Prime, and Ultra — and transitioning to a subscription model.
Note: We are rolling this change out to our users in phases. If this doesn't match what you see in your account, check here instead.
What is the change to plans and why?
We've listened to your feedback and understand the importance of clarity and value in our pricing. Our new pricing structure aims to simplify and enhance the understanding of what you're paying for. The new subscriptions combine portfolio tracking and tax planning into one comprehensive package, delivering more value year-round.
What’s included in the new plans?
Our revamped pricing is now much simpler — with one annual price covering all CoinTracker offerings, including tax calculation, portfolio tracking, and tax reports for all years:
- All tiers will include tax reports for all years — so you don’t have to buy each year à la carte
- All tiers will include portfolio tracking over time and automated spam detection — so no more separate portfolio subscription
- Prime and Ultra tiers will include advanced portfolio and tax features, including tax loss harvesting, which can help you save money
- We're also excluding staking transactions up to $25 in the Base plan, ignoring spam transaction counts, and only considering transactions from the previous calendar year. Prime and Ultra plans receive unlimited staking.
- A detailed comparison of our plans features can be found here
How much does it cost?
We have one free tier and 6 paid subscription tiers that are priced based on the amount of crypto transactions completed in the last calendar year from the date of purchase.
You can always upgrade to a higher tier to take advantage of additional features.
How does CoinTracker count the number of transactions for plans?
We calculate the number of transactions based on the activity in the last calendar year. Your transaction total for the calendar year will be considered your “transaction limit”. You can see your total transactions by calendar year in the 'Transaction Summary' section of the Tax Center.
However, not all transactions are counted towards your transaction limit. We do not count spam transactions and, depending on your plan, some or all of your staking transactions will be included for free.
If you have staking transactions:
For the Base Plan:
- You get $25 worth of staking transactions are excluded from the transaction limit
- If you have more than $25 worth of staking transactions, only the transactions that exceed the $25 limit are counted towards your plan's transaction limit.
- For example, if you have $35 worth of staking transactions equivalent to 900 total transactions, the first $25 worth (let's say 700 transactions) is included. The remaining $10 worth (200 transactions) is what gets added to your transaction count.
For Prime and Higher Plans:
- You don't need to worry about staking transactions at all. All your staking transactions are excluded, and they won't count towards your transaction limit, no matter the amount.
This way, with the Base plan, you can enjoy a generous allowance for staking transactions, and with the Prime plan or higher, you get the peace of mind of unlimited staking transactions included in your subscription.
What if I already purchased a tax plan for 2023?
If you've already purchased a 2023 tax plan, you'll automatically be transitioned to the corresponding subscription tier for the new plan.
If you have already been transitioned, you can now see this in the Subscription section of your Settings. Your new subscription includes access to all previous tax years and early access to new features.
What if I have an active Portfolio Tracking subscription?
If you have an an active legacy monthly subscription, such as Enthusiast or Pro, you will be given the option to upgrade to a new plan. However, we will continue to support monthly Portfolio Tracking subscriptions for now.
If you would like tax reports, you will need to upgrade to a new plan.
Can I customize my plan or opt for only specific services?
We've designed our plans to cater to a broad range of customer needs. Currently, we do not offer custom plans or the option to pay only for specific services like tax plans without portfolio tracking. However, we welcome product feedback and encourage you to share your thoughts here.
Is it possible to revert to my old plan?
We are now offering only our new subscription plans. However, any previously purchased tax reports remain accessible, with or without a subscription.
How are upgrades and downgrades handled?
Upgrades: If you need to upgrade (e.g., due to an increase in the number of transactions), you can do so at any time. Your subscription will be adjusted accordingly.
Downgrades: If you wish to downgrade your subscription, this can be done at the time of renewal, based on your transaction volume and usage.
What is the policy on refunds?
Our refund policy allows for refunds of the new plans within 30 days of purchase, provided you have not downloaded or generated any tax reports. You can request a refund by contacting Support.