How Long Should Syncing Take?
For syncing your existing wallets and exchanges that are already connected to your account, syncing should take five minutes or less. For syncing newly added wallets and exchanges, syncing may take between five minutes to up to an hour. For more information on syncing newly added wallets and exchanges, see this section below.
What are Stuck Syncs?
A sync becomes “stuck” by starting but not finishing. The sync appears stuck when the grey sync progress bar under the wallet or exchange value never resolves:
How to Troubleshoot Stuck Syncs for Existing Wallets and Exchanges
Refresh the Page: If sync doesn't complete in about five minutes, try refreshing your browser page.
- Initiate a Manual Sync: Click on the “Sync all” option on your account.
- Check Internet Connection: Ensure that your internet connection is stable and working properly.
- Visit our Public Help Forum: Search under the exchange name or wallet type to see if this a known issue. If you do not see an active feature request or bug report, feel free to create one and Support will reach out to investigate. You can also directly reach out to the Support through Chatoshi.
How to Troubleshoot Syncing Issues When Adding New Wallets and Exchanges
There are different factors that determine how long a sync will take when adding new exchanges and wallets:
Smaller Wallets and Exchanges:
- If you're adding wallets and exchanges with less than 10,000 transactions, sync times should be roughly five minutes or less.
Larger Wallets and Exchanges:
- For wallets and exchanges with more than 10,000 transactions, especially those with diverse assets and highly active transaction histories across multiple wallets or exchanges, syncs can range from thirty minutes to an hour.
Example: A user syncing a new exchange or wallet with 1,000 transactions with only 3 types of assets (BTC, ETH, DOGE) will take a shorter time than a user syncing a new wallet with more than 1,000 transactions and 200 types of different assets (150 NFTs, 50 different ERC tokens etc).
Guidelines for Syncing New Wallets/Exchanges:
- Be Patient: Especially for larger wallets and exchanges, it's advisable to wait for at least thirty minutes after initiating the sync.
- Check for Progress: After 30 minutes, you should see transactions appearing, though the sync might not be fully complete.
- Over an hour and no progress: Visit our public help forum and search under exchange name or wallet type to see if this a known issue. You can also reach out to Support for assistance.
If you see an error message when trying to add your wallet and exchange, please review I Receive an Error When I Try to Add or Sync an Exchange or Wallet. What Should I Do?