Wallet Syncing Issues
Understanding and troubleshooting how to sync your exchanges and wallets is fundamental in maintaining the overall accuracy of your account. In this guide you will learn: how how often wallets and exchanges are automatically synced, how to verify when those last syncs occurred, the process of manually syncing your account and the best way to troubleshoot for when an added exchange or wallet is not syncing to your account.
Error message: Adding a Wallet and Exchange:
- How to Troubleshoot Stuck Syncing
- I Receive an Error When I Try to Add or Sync an Exchange or Wallet. What Should I Do?
- How to Manually Sync Wallets and Exchanges
How Often Does CoinTracker Automatically Sync My Wallets and Exchanges?
For users visiting CoinTracker at least once every 30 days, your wallets and exchanges are automatically synced once daily. However, if you've been inactive for over 30 days, the sync will only occur upon your next login.
If your daily sync for your exchanges occurred in the morning, and you had new crypto activity in the afternoon, you will need to manually prompt a sync for those transactions to be tracked by CoinTracker.
How Long Should a Sync Take?
The length of time a sync takes depends on:
- For existing wallets and exchanges already connected to your account, syncing should take five minutes or less.
- If you are adding new exchanges and wallets, syncing can take up to thirty minutes, and in some unique circumstances, an hour. For more information, please see this section:
How Do I Know If My Wallets and Exchanges Are Correctly Synced and My Account Is Up to Date?
If you are an active user, CoinTracker will automatically sync your exchange and wallet once every 24 hours. To see the last time your wallet or exchange was synced, visit your Wallets page. Beneath your exchange or wallet's total value, you will see the duration of time since the last sync:
If your wallets and exchanges are showing a sync of 24 hours or less, your account is considered up to date.